Difference between revisions of "N Paca Street Fire-Engine House (Truck House No. 1)"

From DAS Wiki
 
Line 19: Line 19:
 
[[File:Pietsch Paca St Fire-Engine House 1.jpg|left|frameless|Paca St Fire-Engine House]]
 
[[File:Pietsch Paca St Fire-Engine House 1.jpg|left|frameless|Paca St Fire-Engine House]]
 
[[File:Pietsch Paca St Fire-Engine House 2.jpg|center|frameless|400x400px|Paca St Fire-Engine House]]
 
[[File:Pietsch Paca St Fire-Engine House 2.jpg|center|frameless|400x400px|Paca St Fire-Engine House]]
 +
 +
[[Category:Buildings|Paca Street fire engine house]]

Latest revision as of 12:14, August 30, 2022

N Paca Street Fire-Engine House (Truck House No. 1)
Pietsch Paca St Fire-Engine House 3.jpg
Site Information
Address323 N Paca St
Geo-reference39°17′37″N 76°37′20″W / 39.29351°N 76.62233°W / 39.29351; -76.62233
Design
ArchitectTheodore Wells Pietsch
Architecture FirmSimonson & Pietsch
Construction
Completed1908

In December 1907, the Baltimore Sun announced that 17 plans were submitted for the construction of a new fire-engine house on N Paca Street. The commission decided that the plans of Simonson & Pietsch were the best. Opened in December 1908 and vacated by August 1973, the N Paca St Fire-Engine House is still standing but is currently being occupied by a beauty supply store.

Paca St Fire-Engine House
Paca St Fire-Engine House